Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life360 - Child/Family Emergency ID kits and more

 was contacted by a company called Life360 which provides a variety of family emergency services including IDs for children. I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing their child emergency ID kits. Since this is something I've been meaning to look into with Kiddo, I said yes.

Life360's premise is simple, to help parents & families in times of emergencies by keeping everyone informed & updated with information that they are safe. Taken from Life360's website:

After Hurricane Katrina, many families were turned upside down because of a lack of preparation and resources. People stayed uninformed, didn't have the proper supplies, and lacked an easy and efficient way to connect to their families to confirm that they were safe. While working on a project at UC Berkeley, the Life360 founding team realized that technology could have been used to better allow parents to protect their families, specifically by keeping their children safe. Life360 is like the neighbor you would find in a small town, we are looking out for the safety of you and your children.
Life360 offers either a la carte options of their services or a full package deal for $19.99 a month. The full package includes sex offender monitoring,  family tracking GPS, emergency monitor, family identity protection, emergency ID kits, Life360 Mobile & lost item recovery.  The website is VERY easy to use. Each product is thoroughly described with photos and a cute video on how it works. They even have apps for iPhones & Android.

I ordered the Emergency ID card with hang tag for me & the Shoe Clip ID for Kiddo.  You are given the option to upload a photo along with detailed information that emergency responders will need to know such as your doctor's contact information, prescriptions, health issues, etc. You can add quite a few phone numbers & email addresses for contact purposes as well as customize who gets notified first & at what number or email.

My ID kit arrived last week. I love that a keychain hang tag is included with the plastic card. In case of an accident & my wallet gets separated from me,  the hang tag is a backup. Or vice versa. Each family member is assigned a number with a pin. The card includes instructions for emergency responders on how to access your information. It also includes information on how to communicate with other family members in your profile. For kids, all the information for an Amber Alert profile is provided for immediate activation if needed.


I have not yet received Kiddo's Shoe Clip ID. I chose that form of ID over a card because of his age (5 years) & he does not carry a wallet. The ID clip is attached over the laces with heavy duty Velcro.

More to come once I receive Kiddo's Shoe Clip ID. Customer service promises it will arrive this next week.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. You totally made my day, heck, my week even!